27 June, 2012

Rome, July Semester!

So, the last two of my roommates got here today. (4 girls in an apt meant for 6 = awesome) Their flights were both delayed a lot, I think they were both planning on being here about 24hrs prior to the time they actually arrived. So now we're all in Rome together!

Today we started orientation, everything was pretty much a review for me, but that wasn't the worst. I mostly used today to get to know everyone and refresh some stuff, ask important questions, point things out. Generally I've been trying to be helpful. And really trying not to seem like everything's super easy because I was confused when I started, and yeah, a lot is easy to pick up on the first week or so, but it's easier if someone helps you. It's also sometimes easier to ask a fellow student than a professor or administrator. (Although I really love all of the people who work at CEA Rome! They're really nice and try very hard to make you feel welcome and at home here.)
This is what campus looks like..
Also, tonight I think we'll be cooking a roommate meal (penne pasta), with the supplies CEA left us, and tomorrow we're going on a tour of the neighborhood we're living in... Yay... Ah well, maybe there's something that I never knew I never knew about this Piazza.

And as a follow-up to my previous side-note, today, as a part of my Activity book, I got a crossword puzzle and a Wikipedia challenge (like, get from Bicycle to Ants in less than 11 steps using links inside articles). So I'll be busy for awhile. And there's more to come! Best boyfriend ever award? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment