17 June, 2012

Oh, No, Finals...

     So it's officially finals week for me. And I'm a little frightened. But I'm fairly confident it will be ok in the end. This weekend I haven't done much as far as leaving the apt goes, mostly just gelato, pizza, and grocery runs. I've been catching up on some homework, and working on my final project for my photography class.
I love Roma!
Main Synagogue in Rome.
Bridge... Near the Forum & Jewish Ghetto.
Moooooore locks. One of them had a Kiwi bird on it.
     We have to make a portfolio of our favorite pictures and some clippings and writings and stuff. I'm not super excited about this project, but I think it will be ok. I don't super hate all of my pictures so it will probably work.

     For my Art & Arch. class we just have a normal final which is nerve-wracking enough. But I did ok on the midterm, so the final shouldn't be that terrible. I'll just be spending most of the week studying.
Poster supporting Palestinians.
Inside a church... Not sure which one...
An old Roman temple near the Mouth of Truth.
     That being said, I will be really happy when I get to sleep forever on Friday. But hopefully not too late so I can still wake up on Saturday for my 8AM Train to Florence! I'm really excited to be spending the entire day there. I love Florence more than anywhere else in Italy (right now). And I just can't wait to go back and leisurely walk around the city. This will also be the first time I'm really travelling by myself.. So that's a little scary for me, but I'm pretty sure it will work out.
Picture of part of the group on the docks of Sorrento.
Me at the Mouth of Truth.
The Vatican!...So many times...
Sorrento, with one of our Admins, Andrea!
     Orientation doesn't start until Tuesday, and so I have plenty more time to travel/relax/explore Rome. I've been toying with the idea of visiting Milano, Bologna, Assisi, or Sicilia. I'm so torn, they all have their own merits. Milano - Architecture and shopping. Bologna - History, and architecutre. Assisi - peaceful, beautiful, different. Sicilia - (apparently) completely different culture & food, interesting social aspects, and just a different area of Italy altogether. But there are some problems with each, Milano - expensive for a short amount of time, Bologna - earthquake (2-3 weeks ago, left 17 dead), Assisi - have to deal with difficult transportation issues, Sicilia - need a flight, short term travel is impractical. So I'm thinking about just staying around Roma and visiting all the parks I've skipped so far. Anyways these are just my favorite options and their problems.

I probably won't have time to post anything until I finish with finals, but I'll put pictures of how my project turns out up here, I'm hoping it turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment