04 July, 2012

Colosseo, Fora Imperiali, e Mercati di Cibo

Colosseum
Arch of Constantine
Temple dedicated to Roma
Colosseum
Markets of Trajan
Column of Trajan
Madison lecturing on
the Column of Trajan.
Column of Trajan
Today my Art class went to the Colosseum and the Imperial Forum. The Colosseum was kinda boring since this was my 3rd time being there and we didn't really get a whole lot of new information. It was however quite hot. 


We then went on to visit the Imperial Forum and the Column of Trajan. I've realized I'm kinda terrible about knowing which thing is which in the Imperial Forum, and I really hope that's not on the test. 


One of the students had to give her presentation about the Column of Trajan and she did a very good job. Especially since we hadn't studied it in class yet. I'll be giving a speech about Marcus Aurelius which is slightly easier for me since I've already studied it. I'm actually kind of excited because it should be interesting to see what my professor says about my presentation.
Interesting combination.
 I've already said how much I love new and old buildings being put next to one another and people continuing to use the old buildings.
Family towers.
 For our Food and Wine class we went to a market near Termini Station. The people there were great! They were all nice (some a little too nice) but that's much better than having people who are angry that you're there to shop and not buy or that yell at you for taking pictures.

There were a lot of interesting things for sale, about half were things I'd never buy because I'm too scared to even try to cook it properly. I might have an idea of what the end result meal should be for things like lungs, stomach, or tongue, but no idea how to get it there.
Spices!
Fish
Plantains and more spices.
Beans
Eggs, wine and packaged foods.
This is a relatively short post because I'm really tired, pretty hungry and probably a little dehydrated. All of which I plan on remedying as soon as it is culturally acceptable for me to go grab some dinner. (6:30PM is WAY too early here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment