14 May, 2012

Frankfurt Day 2

View from the top of a hill, the first day here.

Tower near a park in Bad Homburg (the suburb where we're staying).

A Tower. Don't ask me where, I already forgot. 
Riesling Grape Fields.

Castle-ish building at a vineyard.

Statue at the same vineyard. Telling the story about Icewine's origins.

Another view of the vineyard and the Rhine river.

At the vineyard.

So, we drove around many castles today. There are 12 located along the River Rhine, and it's really pretty. German architecture is interesting because it has a strong "theme" you can tell roman buildings and other buildings that have outside influences.We also toured one castle, that was pretty fun. And I got to eat schnitzel and french fries twice, so that's pretty awesome. (Hint, I love fried food). Anyway it's been a pretty successful day. I also got to upload pictures today, so Yay... (And I'm having problems formatting so that's why they're above the post.. I'll work it out eventually.)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun. Thanks for sharing. More pictures, please.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found you :P I am saving this on Johns compute so I can keep track of you too :) dont have too much fun you might never come back. Also I want to live in a castle, well maybe just the castle esk thing in the vinyard, looks cool :)

    ReplyDelete